Monday 13 June 2016

Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl Double Edge Safety Razor Review

As many of people who get DE safety razor I did it mostly to save money; spend $20 every other month just in cartridges always make me somewhat uncomfortable. Finally I decided to check for options, the best option for me was to get a safety razor. Doing some research I end up getting this one, apparently is a good one to learn as to keep, there are some ones that are very "forgiving" but lack the ability to do a real close shave.

I also bought a cheap kit with a boar brush, soap and bowl for 10 bucks, I really recommend to also buy a kit of sample blades. This safety razor comes with 5 derby blades which are probably the best ones or at least the ones I like the most, however everybody have different kind of skin and preferences.

My first shaves where just awfull, I got a very bad razor burns, ingrown hair I cut myself a few times. That's why I recommend to watch some videos of how to do it properly; if you are like me, a person that has used disposable razor for all your life you will finally understand all those shaving references of end up with a ton of toilet paper in the face. After watching some videos and reading some advice I end up with a list of things to have in consideration

* Preparation of razor, soap and face
* How to correctly handle the razor
* Do a proper lather
* Find the best order to razor, in my case with the grain, cross the grain and finally against the grain.
* After shaving, cold water and some good cream.

I gotta say, after my initial learning curve I must to say that I really enjoy to shave, its a complete process that I even look forward for it. Something to keep in mind is that it takes some time, I used to last 2 o 3 minutes for a fast shave with my old mach 3. Now I dedicate 10-20 minutes to get a very close and nice shave. Having this said if you are expecting to do it on rush you may end up with bloody results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogarama - Tools Blogs